You have arrived! Welcome to the LeLe blog!!!!
2 Sisters. One Shared Love. Best way to get to know us with out knowing us is right here. We put every part of who we are into our work. Our shared hearts, souls, personalities, words, and visions are spilled out for you below in each and every blog post.
Home base is St. Louis, but we are always traveling EVERYWHERE! Destination weddings are Ashley's FAVORITE! Sooooo......no matter where in the world you may be reading this from, by all means....contact us! :)

Have camera, will travel!

February 10, 2012

City Love: A New York Engagement

"They say life's what happens when you're bus making other plans.  But, sometimes in New York, life is what happens when you're waiting for a table."  - Carrie Bradshaw
Photobucket
The girl knew what she was talking about.   The city thrives off of spontaneity.   There is a certain magic in the air.   No really, it really starts in the air.....each and every trip.    From the moment I spot the city skyline, even 30,000 feet above.....my heart rate elevates.   I get giddy.   I suddenly feel free.   There is something about this city.   Maybe it is the sound of sirens that serve as a lullaby and soothe you to sleep.  It is the way that you can miss your train, make the next one, find out there is a detour that takes you 1/2 way around the city, then it starts pouring....and you realize you forgot your umbrella.....you know, one of those days where it seems like the city is out to get you.   The beauty of it all is that out of nowhere, your day from Nyc hell turns into the best day of your life.  You meet someone who changes your life, offers you your dream job, or turns into your best friend.   It is the one city where you are only one subway ride away from anything you can possibly imagine.  Anything is possible.   In the words of Miss Keys and Jay-Z, it is the "concrete jungle where dreams are made of....there's nothing you can't do."   It is the city full of dreamers, and at the same time, the city that never sleeps.  It is the city you can go to when you don't want anyone to know you, and the city you go to when you want everyone to know your name.  Personally, it is the city I go to when I need to spark that certain something inside of me.  The spark that awakens my soul, allows me to breathe a little deeper, and refreshes my outlook on life.    There is something about walking around realizing how small I am in the big picture of things that sends me home feeling so big that there is not anything I can not conquer.
I have been meaning to post this blog for a while, so when I woke up this morning missing New York a little more than normal.....I knew I had to post it for the weekend.   Meet Jim and Taryn.   We stuck around the Upper East Side for their city session.....which I just happen to love.   Jim works for the Apple store on 5th Avenue....which happened to be my first stop on this trip, and the place I purchased the MacBook Pro I am currently typing what you are reading from.   
If you live in NYC and you are thinking about hiring me (Ashaley)......do it.    :)   Email me HERE.

No comments: