You have arrived! Welcome to the LeLe blog!!!!
2 Sisters. One Shared Love. Best way to get to know us with out knowing us is right here. We put every part of who we are into our work. Our shared hearts, souls, personalities, words, and visions are spilled out for you below in each and every blog post.
Home base is St. Louis, but we are always traveling EVERYWHERE! Destination weddings are Ashley's FAVORITE! Sooooo......no matter where in the world you may be reading this from, by all means....contact us! :)

Have camera, will travel!

August 5, 2013

Meet the Brownes: Meg + Aaron

I am almost certain that not many brides would have handled a tornado taking out their reception venue the eve of their wedding day quite the way that not only Meg did.  Yes, you read that correctly.   This is good-ole Saint Louis.  The city where the weather can go from a perfect summer day to a blizzard in one day.   Friday was full of monsoon-type weather and tornados spotted throughout the city.    Then I received the text informing me that the reception was no longer going to be at the country club, because it had been hit by the inclement weather.   As usual, I knew the best thing to do would be to roll with the punches.    I packed up rainboots, towels, umbrellas, and anything else we may have needed.  But as it turns out, there was not a raindrop in the sky.  The storm had passed, and we could not have asked for better weather.    

As for the reception......Whitmoor Country Club did what they had to do, and less than 24 hours after the gnarly storm had passed through, they created the reception that exceeded each and every one of Meg's dreams.  I can only imagine the nerves, anxiety, questions and so much more flooding Meg's thoughts as to how everything could possibly come together and if the new reception location (The Event Tent in New Town) could and would be everything she had hoped for.    I saw Meg's face first hand as she walked into her new reception venue.....and the tears of joy, happiness, and gratitude said it all.    I must give it to Sue Putnam, all of the staff at the Whitmoor Country Club, & Katie Mulcheck (Meg's Day of Coordinator) for not letting anything....even a natural disaster damper any of Meg and Aaron's wedding day bliss.   

One of my favorite moments of the day (along with when her dad recited every lyric of "My Girl" in the speech he shared at the reception).   Father-daughter moments like these ALWAYS get me!!!
The entire wedding day reminded me of a J. Crew/ Anthropologie-esque theme.   The Navy + Green combined with the Seersucker suits was perfect!    
 So many details throughout the day were put together by the mother of the bride.   ALL of the stationary, the details throughout the reception, the OH-SO-CUTE Ceremony Ribbon wands.....the list was endless!!!      You could feel the love that this mother had for her daughter.    She went far beyond above and beyond and made each detail with love.    After the wedding day, I always send a little info sheet to the bride and groom with the question, "What was your Favorite detail from your wedding?"   Meg's answer blew me away.....  

"I find it nearly impossible to just choose one aspect of my wedding that made it different and unique, but I'd say the detail that I loved the most was all of the small details my mom put into this day.  She made every little sign for the candy bar, photobooth and signature drink, etc.   SHE was my favorite detail from my wedding day.    She made it ALL possible with her creativity, love and attention to detail, and she did it all with a smile.   I find that unique and amazing.   My mom was the greatest detail of it all."   

Vendor Info
Wedding Coordinator:  Day of Coordinator, Katie with Your Perfect Wedding Day
Ceremony: Holy Redeemer Catholic Church (Webster Groves)
Reception: Whitmoor Country Club
Transportation: JED Transportation
Florist: Becky Huffman Flowers
DJ: Pat Decker with Millennium
Cake: Sweets to Remember 
Hair/Makeup: Hair Theatre Salon (Kirkwood)
Dress : Dillion by Enzoani from Maiden Voyage
Stationary and Ceremony Ribbon Wands: all designed, created and put together by the brides lovely, sweet and oh-so talented mother, Jill  :)

No comments: