You have arrived! Welcome to the LeLe blog!!!!
2 Sisters. One Shared Love. Best way to get to know us with out knowing us is right here. We put every part of who we are into our work. Our shared hearts, souls, personalities, words, and visions are spilled out for you below in each and every blog post.
Home base is St. Louis, but we are always traveling EVERYWHERE! Destination weddings are Ashley's FAVORITE! Sooooo......no matter where in the world you may be reading this from, by all means....contact us! :)

Have camera, will travel!

November 1, 2011

Meet the Hendrix's: Jason & Jenny

"Green eyes, you're the one I wanted to find.
And honey you should know, that I could never go on without you."
Green Eyes. Coldplay

The room was full of excitement.  I could feel the anticipation through the bridesmaids smiles.  The dress, the flower for Jenny's hair, the pale pink Peony-esque bouquets, the St. Louis Cardinal cuff links.....all of these details added up to one thing.....a wedding that I could NOT wait to shoot.   There was more than details to take pictures of, there was a love that was ready to be documented.  A love shared between Jason and Jenny.   I witnessed it at the engagement session, and they took it to an entirely new level on this day.  I feel like good things happen to good people, and being in love has never looked so good on two people.   Congrats on the start of your new lives together.  

(And in case you missed it, their engagement session was one of my favorites.....so make sure you check it out and read all about their love story!)
I loved all of these details!   The bible and rosary was from her Grandma.
Moments after the first look.  :)   LOVE THESE!!
I may not know what it is like to be married.  I may not know what it is like to be a mom.  These are all moments that I see every day.  I am there to capture the emotion, the moments, the experience, the way it does feel to go through these milestone moments.  I may have never actually experienced those things, but if there is one thing that I do understand, it is having the type of relationship that Jenny has with her mother.  In Jenny's own words, her mother is her everything, she is her rock.  She chose to have her mother to walk her down the aisle.  I am always in the back with the bride moments before she walks down the aisle.  It is one of my favorite moments of the day.   I could not help but think about what was going thru their minds at this very moment.  I saw the way that Jenny's mom looked at her, eyes bursting with adoration.  The little girl that she raised, gave her everything to, and shaped into the young lady that she was obviously so very, very proud of.  I may have never had any of these big life experiences yet, but before those church doors opened up, all I could envision my own mother.  My own rock.  The one person who is solely responsible for showing me what it really is to selflessly love someone.  If the day comes when I do decide to get married, I pray I am lucky enough to have a moment that looks something like this moment between Jenny and her own mother.
Introducing the new Mr. and Mrs. Hendrix!  
The reception was held at the Falls.  Beautiful venue!

There was even a little patio that led from the reception to this beautiful spot....

Hands down one of my favorite moments of the day.   Jason and Jenny's wedding was on a very special day.  Jason's grandfather's birthday.  You know how some old men are just cute?   Well his grandfather takes the cake for one of the sweetest, kindest, and big hearted kind of guy that everyone wishes was their grandpa kind of guy.  I could see how much it meant to him the moment that Jason picked up the mic and began telling the room full of people what this man has meant to him.  As they brought out this special birthday cake, I could see Grandma with her hankie as she wiped her eyes.  These are the moments that make everyone either miss their grandparents or realize how lucky they are to still have them around.  

View Jason & Jenny's Slideshow HERE.

Where you got your fabulous dress from and the brand: Storybook Ending in De Witt, IA
Your adorable shoes? ModelBride.com 

Music
1st Dance Song: "Have I told you Lately?"Rod Stewart
Parent Song: "Beautiful Tonight" - Eric Clapton



 If you could go back to your wedding day, knowing now how the day went, is there anything you would change or suggest to other brides?
Put your dress on way earlier than you think you need to! It takes much longer to get it on the day of your wedding than it does for  the dress fittings. 
Have itineraries for important people the day of the wedding (i.e: moms, MOH, grandma’s, etc.) 
Relax and take in the moment because it goes way too fast 
Favorite part about working with us?  :) 
Having the best photographers ever! Not only are you guys amazing at capturing moments but you were my personal assistant all day as well and I greatly appreciate it. From my makeup to dress and wedding veil to wine; you girls did it all and it made the day just that much more enjoyable.

Behind the Lens Action...
In case you didn't know, Alicea is also a hairdresser.   Pretty handy to have someone who can touch up your makeup, your hair, fix your veil, the list goes on and on....on your Big day!  :)   She also did Jenny's makeup and an updo for her in between outfits at the Engagement session!   
 Oh....and one little thing I forgot to mention,  I had to go to the hospital a week before their wedding for my ankle.   Apparently, I had two major tears in the ligaments in my ankle.  No big deal....I just grabbed my newest accessory....the Boot...and rocked it out!   :)  

Alicea and her newest assistant.  The flower girl was SO cute!  She had a camera on her ALL day capturing every single moment!  I swear this was me as a child!   

Contact LeLe Photography HERE.

1 comment:

Carolyn Burke STL said...

Many of the photographs popped out at me as if I were there.
BEAUTIFUL !!!
Congrats to the couple.

Carolyn Burke - Wedding Liaison